Much of the work on this web site draws on the work of others. Some was found at online sources such as Ancestry.com, RootsWeb.com, and FamilySearch.org (Latter Day Saints site). USGenWeb and associated state and county GenWeb sites have been particularly helpful. HeritageQuest, accessed through the local library, has been an excellent source of U.S. census records. Thanks to the many volunteers who have transcribed vital records - birth, marriage, death, census, church, cemetery. Your efforts are appreciated.
Over the past twenty years, my parents collected various family histories associated with the Winker and Lux families. These books have been the primary source of data and detail in my research.
- BORGMANN: Borgmann "Blue Book", by Evert C. Borgmann. Compiled about 1980.
A brief history of Ferdinand and Antonette (Schurmann) Borgmann who settled in western Stearns County, Minnesota, in 1856. Lists their descendants through about 1980. About 600 names.
- FEUERSTEIN: Genealogy of Johannes (John) Feuerstein and Apollonia (Adeline) Kempf, Their Ancestors and Descendants, by Michael C. Hoover, Jacksonville, FL. 1994.
Over 500 pages of history, photos and family records.
- GOERGER: Wildrose Stock Farm, Edd & Adelaide Goerger, Barney, ND. 1980.
A written history of Henry Goerger (1814-1894) and descendants. 30 pages, spiralbound. Published by the Richland Co. (ND) Historical Society, 1980.
- WINKER: Winker Spaichengen, The John and Martha Winker Family,
Edited by Rose Mary (Winker) Feldhaus and Cecelia Halter. ©1979 by Rose Mary Feldhaus, Published by Pine Hill Press. 82 pages, hardbound.
History of the Winker family beginning with John Winker (1819-1902).
- WINKER: The John and Martha Winker Family, Volume II.
Compiled, Designed and Edited by Marilyn Schwader. ©2000 by Marilyn Schwader.
132 pages, hardbound.
Expands on the previous Winker history book with essays written by family members on their memories of family experiences.